(Repeat) Do we still need doctors?
There are umpteen alternative sources of medical advice, including endless and heartfelt health tips from people without medical degrees. Frankly, self-diagnosis with a health app is easier and cheaper than a trip to a clinic. Since we’re urged to be our own health advocate and seek second opinions, why not ask Alexa or consult with a celebrity about what ails us?
Find out if you can trust these alternative medical advice platforms. Plus, lessons from an AIDS fighter about ignoring the findings of medical science.
澳门凯悦棋牌And, if AI can diagnose better than an MD, will we stop listening to doctors altogether?
澳门凯悦棋牌It’s our monthly look at critical thinking … but don’t take our word for it!
- – Science and health reporter at Quartz, and author of the article “”
- – Professor of pediatrics at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and the Perlman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, and author of “”
- – Director Rutgers Global Health Institute.
- – Research Fellow, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- Stuart Schlisserman – Internist, Palo Alto, California
originally aired September 24, 2018